Accoya®- FSC Cladding
Cleveland Timber are proud to be suppliers of Accoya®. It is superb for multiple applications, especially cladding due to its superb anti rot properties, lasting 50 years above ground and 25 years in ground! We have multiple profiles available to order.
Please contact us today with your Accoya® requirements for a quote.Accoya® wood is a modified wood. Manufactured using a non-toxic treatment and timber sourced from sustainable forests, Accoya® wood has properties that match those of the best tropical hardwoods.
Accoya® wood is modified all the way through, not just at the surface layer like many alternative treatments. This modification technique has two key advantages:
Users of Accoya® wood can have absolute confidence in the wood's durability in a way that has not previously been possible. Accoya® wood's durability is validated in a laboratory after the process has taken place. Using an array of sophisticated and proven analytical techniques, Accoya® wood's producers ensure that every batch is of consistent quality and reaches the highest possible performance standards.
When Accoya® wood is cut or jointed there are no exposed non-acetylated surfaces in any dimension. This completely negates the need to apply additional chemical preservatives on-site, as is necessary with unmodified or envelope-treated woods.
All exterior applications including windows, doors, decking and cladding.
Accoya® wood's high strength to weight ratio also makes it suitable for challenging external applications, such as road traffic bridges.
- Swelling and shrinkage reduced by 75% or more
- Doors and windows open effortlessly year round
- Paints and varnishes last 3 or 4 times longer, greatly reducing maintenance costs
- Lasting 50 years above ground, 25 years in ground/freshwater
- Class 1 durability, surpassing even teak
- Virtually rot proof
- Indigestible to a wide range of insects, including termites
- Greatly reduced vulnerability
- Easy to machine and process
- No special tools are required
Non-toxic & Recyclable:
- Protects the environment from the harmful effects of common treatments
- May be safely reused and recycled
- Superior resistance to UV degradation when translucent coated
- Natural appearance lasts longer
- The ultimate substrate and coating life is increased
- Offers improved insulation in comparison with commonly used wood species
- Ideal for applications where energy conservation is important
Naturally Beautiful Wood:
- Process does not compromise the wood's natural beauty
Consistent Quality Throughout:
- Consistent, measurable modification quality from surface to core
- No need to apply chemical preservatives when cut or planed
Retained Strength & Hardness:
- The process does not compromise the wood's strength
- Hardness is increased
- High Strength to weight ratio make it suitable for challenging applications
Perfect for Coating:
- Improved stability means coatings last 3 to 4 times longer
- Easier to coat, less preparation and sanding required
From Sustainable Sources:
- Including FSC, PEFC and other regionally certified woods
- Naturally renewable
Please contact us today with your Accoya® requirements for a quote.